PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

difference between blogs and articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Link Up Gold Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mezo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: difference between blogs and articles Reply with quote

hi

it is embarrassing a little that the question may be silly Embarassed

but i cant find the difference between articles and blogs in LUG

i mean i want anybody to tell me how they are different features although they are the same thing ? - they both being used to submit articles that may contain images or some other content

i don't know why they are different features of the script .. may be i am missing something
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The features are nearly the same but each of the sections is editable, you can choose which of the default fields should be used, also can create new fields for each of the sections. Each of the sections also can have its own categories.
mezo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you
mezo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another questions please
and sorry for lot of questions but i got my LUG recently and still learning it...

1-
on the right side there is a block named " on the news " how to control what is appearing on it

2-where to set the rss links that the news currently come from .. i mean i didnt created any categories for news but there is news appearing on the front page that come from news.yahoo.com .. how to control/ edit those?

thank you in advance
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These news are provided by google. Link Up Gold includes to it keywords which are related to the content of each page, for example link or category title. Then google shows news related to these keywords.

RSS URL of the news to show on the home page is editable in configuration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Link Up Gold Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: