PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Link Up Gold Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldoseri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Fatal error: Allowed memory size Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

When rebuilding the website I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48430937 bytes) in /local/path/public_html/administration/php_build_functions.php on line 598

even though the script rebuilds successfully.

It used to work fine until 3 days ago. My php.ini is set to 128MB which I think is enough. Does this have something to do with core files as well? I can see those files about 5 or 6 of them. core.8977 approx 23MB to 27MB size.

I don't have any other scripts on the server

Thanks,
Arif
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code at line 598 creates the sitemap which is editable in configuration. Your directory probably contain too many links, articles, news and videos and the server doesn't allow to build so large file. You can allow more memory for scripts or choose that this sitemap should contain only categories and not link, article, news item and video detail pages.
Aldoseri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I can increase the memory size but I'll end up increasing it later when the database is bigger, So I'll just reduce it categories. I'm sure google won't find it hard to do what they usually do.

This brings another concern, I might be totally wrong but here it is. Would this affect rebuilding static pages should I decide sometime later to use the option?

Thank you Richard.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sitemap I meant was not the sitemap for google. It was the sitemap which was editable in configuration in the field "Server location of sitemap" and the checkboxes below it. The sitemap for google however can have the same problem, as far as the allowed memory size is too not sufficient for the content you selected to show there.

This issue has nothing with static pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Link Up Gold Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: