PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cheatersmodule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Ad Manager Pro Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holland2008

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: cheatersmodule Reply with quote

My biggest concern adding publishers to my system is of course cheating, the enemy is always a bit more clever, or at least a step ahead.
With paying advertisers for my text ads ill find it a big risk to welcome them.

Is it perhaps an idea to already lock out publishers ip for clicks and impressions?

It also would be handy if you on the cheaters page could see witch publishers received abnormal high click ratio’s, I know that’s this is shown at the statistics page somewhere but a quick view would be nice.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions, I will save them. Currently there are a few ways to find possible cheaters in administration, it's available in the menu.

There are also options fields in configuration which can help you:
- Count impressions - you can set it to require the exact URL or domain name, then publishers will not be paid if they place the code to an unapproved site.
- Maximum number of impressions to count from one IP/day for each publishing place
- Maximum number of clicks to count from one IP/day for each publishing place
- Pay publishers only for those impressions/clicks where we can find a referral URL

The system also allows you to log and review URL's where each publisher shows ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Ad Manager Pro Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: