PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affiliate for advertisers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Text Exchange Pro Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Affiliate for advertisers? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is there an affiliate option for advertisers? I've only been able to switch it on for Exchange Users. Would like to be able to offer affiliate bonus for advertisers if it's an option.

Thanks.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by "affiliate option" and "affiliate bonus". Please explain it more.

Thank you.
jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When an Exchange user is logged in, they can click on "Statistic" under View/Edit Ads and there is a line of code there with their username on the end of it. When they put this on their site and somebody clicks the link and signs up, they get a number of bonus impressions for referring.
I'm able to assign how many impressions a user gets for referring when I'm in the admin section.

This option is only showing available for the Exchange users, not for the Advertisers. When an advertiser logs in, there is not code for them to put on their site to refer people.

I would like to know if there is supposed to be. I'd like to reward advertisers for refering new sign ups just like I'm able to for Exchange Users.

Thank you.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The option to refer new users is available for exchange users only. However exchange users can optionally also purchase clicks, impressions so they can have the same options like advertisers. A solution for you may be to use only exchange users, with the option to order extra clicks and impressions. Then all your users will have the option to refer new users.
jon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I'm going to have to think on that one. Sounds like a good idea.
jon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHPWebScripts wrote:
The option to refer new users is available for exchange users only. However exchange users can optionally also purchase clicks, impressions so they can have the same options like advertisers. A solution for you may be to use only exchange users, with the option to order extra clicks and impressions. Then all your users will have the option to refer new users.

I'm taking you up on that. Good suggestion. It will solve my problem. Thanks for that.

I have a question now that pertains...

On each ad size when I'm configuring in the admin area, this option:
"Number of free impressions for every new user", I'm trying to implement this part of it, "These free impressions receive only users who sent at least...." but I'm unsuccessful. I had tried before and couldn't get it to work so I came up with a different solution but now that I'm going to be only using the Exchange Account for sign ups, I want to get this to work.

Here is what I do:
"Number of free impressions for every new user..... 50"
"These free impressions receive only users who sent at least.... 5 impressions"
Save Changes

Then I sign up as a new user for testing. I go get the code, put it on my test site, and make sure the ad gets at least 10 impressions.

Then I go into the admin section, I verify impressions were sent, accept my new user.

Then I log in as the new user and check available credits. The 50 credits that I'm supposed to get free do not show.

I've tried this several times with different accounts, but each time I'm unsuccessful in getting the free impressions automatically.

Thanks in advance.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These free impressions are not added immediately but the system releases them once a day. It's one of functions of the daily job.
jon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. That works for me. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Text Exchange Pro Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: