PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pay Monthly Feature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Text Exchange Pro Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Pay Monthly Feature Reply with quote

Hello. I'm getting familiar with the script and customizing for our site. I'm wondering if there is a "pay monthly" feature in addition to the "impressions" an "per click" options. I don't see this as an option but I would like to set it up to where advertisers can purchase a monthly option where I specify the price per month - and they can have an unlimited amount of impressions and clicks.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not such feature at this time, sorry for that. Note that if there were such option and you had an user who orders it, the users who ordered clicks or impressions may wait for these a long time as the system selects a random ad to display.
jon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation. Would you be able to help me see the advantage to the user in going with a cost per impressions method as opposed to the monthly option? It just seems to me that people would rather pay a monthly option instead of per impressions or clicks. I've seen other exchange programs offer a monthly and thought that might be more enticing for the user. Kinda like a "set it and forget it" option.

Or, do you have any resource out there that you could point me to that I might be able to price my impressions/clicks around? I have no idea what to charge for impressions/clicks as I was originally thinking of a monthly option. If you don't, I understand, but just thought it would help me in getting this up and running.

Thanks again.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that users like rather a limited number of impressions or clicks because they know what they pay for. You say that some exchange systems offer monthly payment, it looks like they want to cheat their users a little as these may get 100 impressions or 100 millions of impressions, they just don't know what they order.

I moved your post to this "suggestions" forum. This is the right place to post suggestions like yours.
jon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose so, if you put it that way. I hadn't thought of that. I guess it's better for the user to guage what they are getting for their money when they pay for clicks/impressions.

Thanks.
adsleft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Perhaps this will clarify further Reply with quote

Text Exchange Pro is a manager for text ad exchange - which means that ads are displayed in a weighted rotation based on the number of impression, etc pruchased or earned.

Payment by the week or the month is an Ad management concept because it typically would be used to display one ad in a particular spot on a website - exclusively - for the time period purchased.

Now - I am new to text exchange pro so I do not know if text exchange pro has a budgeting feature.

A budgeting feature allows you to buy impressions by specifying a maximum amount you want to spend for your ad in a specific time period (day, week, or month). So, if you specify $10.00 per week, when $10.00 worth of impressions are used up, your ad no longer displays that week. If you don't use up $10.00 worth in a week, you are either billed for what you actually use or the money is carried over to the next week, etc.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There the option for users to pay for clicks, impressions. Users who want to buy clicks or impressions can choose how many of them they want to order and move this limited amount of clicks or impressions to their account. Once these clicks or impressions have been used, the ad stops to be displayed so they don't need to be afraid that they spend more money than expected.
Obama320

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I'm getting familiar with the script and customizing for our site. I'm wondering if there is a "pay monthly" feature in addition to the "impressions" an "per click" options. I don't see this as an option but I would like to set it up to where advertisers can purchase a monthly option where I specify the price per month - and they can have an unlimited amount of impressions and click???
Very Happy
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have saved this suggestion, thank you for that. Currently the option to pay for days is available in our Ad Manager Pro but there is not available the ads exchange feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Text Exchange Pro Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: