PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usernames/passwords with spaces bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Usernames/passwords with spaces bug Reply with quote

Since i've been posting so much for support in this forum, I just decided to register -_-

I just found a bug...
that is if the user enters in a username or password that is more than one word, everything gets a little screwy

the confirmation link isn't complete (like the whole thing isn't a link)
and even if you did make it an entire link, it would still say that the account does not exist.

Any way to..fix this? or best is to warn people before signing up?
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username/password is not allowed. We have added a checking function so if someone tries to enter such as value, it will be rejected. Please download again and replace files index.php in main directory and messages.php in data directory. No need to reinstall.
Dragus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that fixed it, thanks = )
You know what I was thinking, you should have a search function where you can search for a member by their username or email or both. Would help when you have a rather big list of subscribers. Just a thought, and would prob. help a lot of us using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum