PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exclusive campaigns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Ad Manager Pro Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramon.cutanda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Exclusive campaigns Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to be able to make "exclusive campaigns" in which only a banner or group of banners from a single advertiser will be shown for a period of time. I would need:

- Be able to automatically put all the other ads "on hold" whenever an "exclusive campaign" is active.

- Add an option for advertisers to buy an "exclusive campaign" That option should include a calendar so that the advertiser could choose which days and/or times of the day he would like to book and block times and days already booked by others.

- Not estrictly essential, but perhaps would be interesting to include an "auction" option so that serveral advertisers interested in an specific day or time could bid and, therefore, get the best possible price for that period.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
ramon.cutanda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just figured out how to make exclusive campaigns work with the current options from Ad Manger Pro and I'd simply like to share it with you.

1. I'll have two zones in my site. Both of them will be actually the very same zone, but their options will be different.

2. I'll offer impressions in one zone, the "normal" one, and days in the other, the "exclusive".

3. I'll set all prices and options to zero in the exclusive, so that it won't be active by default.

4. In the order page, I'll add a link called "Book exclusively", or something like that.

5. The link will open a web form where I'll explain the terms and which will contain sereval fields so that the user can choose which days should that campaign be active. I'll use an external script I've been using it for a long time for making complex forms.

6. Once I receive the form I will set the right price in the exclusive zone and then temporally activate it. I wiil login into the customer's account and make the order for the customer. Then I'll mail the customer the link to pay the order and deactivate again that zone. The customer will be able to make the payment in it's customer control panel anytime.

7. If the dates chosen by the advertiser are already taken, I'll mail the advertiser and offer them alternative dates.

8. And that's it!!!

Not a very "clean" way to do it, but I think it'll work Smile
ramon.cutanda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups... I forgot the most important part!

Once the advertiser has paid the order, I'll change the "Advantage" in the Campaign admin options to 5.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your tutorial, Ramon! I'm sure that it will be useful for other users. I think that it may be even simpler. As I know, you need it to generate invoices for all payments but users who don't need this feature can skip the point 6 and can just send a payment request to the user by the contact form or by email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Ad Manager Pro Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: