PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easy Banner Free Login Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Easy Banner Free Login Problem Reply with quote

I've just recently installed Easy Banner Free & it looked like everything was good to go with my website - I was so excited to get started! I was able to log in with admin1 as a user & password, so I made sure to change the admin information.

I've hit a brick wall. Every time I try to log in with my new user & password, it says, Error! Wrong username or password. Please try again. Of course, this puzzled me because I knew my log in information is correct .. but in benefit of the doubt, I erased all of my folders & went through the set up program again.

I tried using a different user name & password combination for my 2nd set up. When I logged out & tried to log back in again, I'm met with the same log in error. Suffice it to say, this is getting really frustrating. I made sure to write down my user name & password as well, so there's no way I'm typing in my inforatiom incorrectly.

Any suggestions for why this is happening & what I should do?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to login with the default data admin1/admin1. If it works, chmod all files and folders by the installation instructions. You forgot to chmod some of them. Then try to change the login data again.
chanda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right - seems I forgot to CHMOD the folders the 2nd time around. I'm not sure what happened the first time, but in any case, I'm able to log in & that's all I want. Third time's the charm, I guess!

Thanks a lot for your help, Richard! It's greatly appreciated.

--

You can delete the 'thanks!' topic I created. Sorry about that, didn't realize I hit the "new topic" button.
chanda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I take that back .. I'm getting the same problem. I'm not sure why this is happening but it's been my 3rd time installing the script & I still can't log in ..

For a little time, right after I change my user & pass I can log in, but when I come back to try again I find I'm locked out. Help, please!
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server probably reseted it for some reasons. Please email me, I will test it on your server.
chanda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your e-mail address?
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the contact form at http://www.phpwebscripts.com/contact.html.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum