PHP WEB SCRIPTS    Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to resend confirmation email?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Easy Banner Pro Support & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iBannerX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: How to resend confirmation email? Reply with quote

Hi,

Some confirmation email were not send out. How do I resend them?
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone did not receive the confirmation email, it was probably removed by a spam filter on the mail server. The user can join again, in the best case with another email address. If you want the option for users to order a new confirmation email, I can add it for you.
oneilbr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running into this problem.

I have setup the banner exchange. Other scripts that are running on the box are able to send email without problem. The banner exchange is not able to.

So I went into the admin section and added the mail server, mail user and password for a mail account that I know works. Then proceeded to try and create another new user.

The new user gets created but the email never arrives.

I tried to create the new user a second time, but then it gives me the error about you cannot use the email a second time. So I know the creation went right, but the email never fired.

I would like to be able to trigger these messages again as the accounts I am creating are for existing web sites and these web sites have their administrative email. It makes no sense to have to create a new email just for the banner exchange.

Also need some pointers on how to resolve the email not being sent out issue.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely explanation of such issue is that the emails were sent but a spam filter in the mailbox deleted them. I can test it for you and find what exactly is wrong. Please email me.
harrybro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went into the admin section and added the mail server, mail user and password for a mail account that I know works.
PHPWebScripts
Richard - Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know, you already wrote it in the first message. The email is probably sent correctly but is deleted by a spam filter in your mailbox. Please email me, I can test it and find what exactly is wrong.
oneilbr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to close the loop on this.

my email is working now. I found the error.

When copying and pasting the mail server address into the configuration panel, http:// was included in the mail server address. While this works when using a web browser to get to the web mail, it's not going to work when an app tries to get to the mail server directly.

Anyways I corrected the typo in the configuration panel and now it is working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHP Web Scripts Forum Index -> Easy Banner Pro Support & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: